Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2019/09/24 08:34:24 UTC

Ratis release cadence

Hi,

As Anu mentioned in the Ozone meeting minutes we discussed about a
possible more frequent release cadence (for Ozone and Ratis).

At the last ApacheCon NA I learned that Apache Beam follows a time based
relase cadence, they cut the branch after a specified amount of time.
Which means that the time has higher priority than the included features.

I think it would be great to have more frequent releases from Ratis (for
example one per quarter). Depends from the current set of the included
jiras we can decide to bump the patch minor or major version.

Based on these consideration I would suggest to plan the next 0.5.0
release no longer than the beginning of December.

What do you think?
Marton