Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> on 2004/01/08 03:21:48 UTC

Re: Memory pools -- support for moving a sub-pool from one pool to an other

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Dipak Patel wrote:

> This is the third time I'm asking this question. Can anyone please tell me
> how to use some built in feature of the apr memory pool module to move a
> sub-pool to under another pool? Our software makes use this type of feature
> to pass messages from on layer to another where each layer has its own pool.
> We simply want to take the entire sub-pool and assign it to a new parent.

There's not really a good way to move a subpool... or at least none I'm
aware of.  Sander could answer that with more certainty.  But basically
you'd have to individually move the items in the old subpool to the new
subpool, which is not really a particularly easy thing to do.

:-/

--Cliff