Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gregory Guthrie <gu...@mum.edu> on 2002/06/28 05:38:27 UTC

Tomcat 3.x failures

I have a Tomcat 3.2B6 install on Linux (Debian 2.2), w/ Apache .

The server seems to work fine, but the log files constantly report the
errors below, about each 4 seconds. after a day or so log files of hundreds
of MB are common.

I tried to reinstall tomcat, and Apache, to no avail. Stopping Apache makes
no difference, so it seems to be Tomcat. I have an identical system that I
run in parallel as a backup next to it, works fine. I can't tell the
differences that could cause this.

I did find that their mod_jk's were different, but if I try to reload
Apache with a different version, I get:

Anyway, as above, Apache doesn't seem to cause or stop the errors in any case.
    module
Any hints?

Errors:  /var/logs/tomcat/stdout.log:

PoolTcpEndpoint: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8081] ignored exception:
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.close(PlainSocketImpl.java:408)
         at java.net.Socket.close(Socket.java:383)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:206)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:181)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:314)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:459)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:519)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
PoolTcpEndpoint: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=0,localport=8007] ignored

RE: Tomcat 3.x failures

Posted by Tom Parker <to...@econz.co.nz>.
> I have a Tomcat 3.2B6 install on Linux (Debian 2.2), w/ Apache .
>
> The server seems to work fine, but the log files constantly report the
> errors below, about each 4 seconds. after a day or so log files
> of hundreds
> of MB are common.

Did you install the deb from the main Debian archive? I experianced this a
few months ago and solved it by installing the tomcat4 package.

There ought to be a bug in the debian bug tracker that ought to describe
this.