Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Da...@expeditors.com on 2005/06/27 17:47:05 UTC

page validation and re-directs

Hi,

I am fairly new to Tapestry and I'm having a problem.

I created a "public void pageValidate(PageEvent event)" method on all my
pages to check if the session has timed out, and if so, re-direct to the
Login page.  But my design is that the Home page is a frameset, with a
left-side navigation frame and a right-side content frame.  The Login
page, however, is set to fill the entire browser window.  I've been
setting a callback in the pageValidate method to come back to the current
page after Login, but it doesn't go back to the frameset, it fills the
browser window with what was the right-side content frame.  But if I set
the callback in the pageValidate method to come back to Home, then it goes
back to my Welcome page in the right-side content frame, rather than the
way it was before calling Login.

How do I set it so the return from the re-Login goes back to the frameset,
but with the right-side content frame the same content as before the
re-Login?

Regards,
David Lee Sanford
Java Developer
Expeditors International
206-674-3400 x4112

This information has been compiled from a number of public sources that,
to the best of Expeditors' knowledge, are true and correct.  It is our
sole intent to present only accurate information; however, in the event
that any information contained herein is errorneous, Expeditors
International Inc. accepts no liability or responsibility.