Posted to commits@hivemind.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/03/29 23:51:28 UTC

[Jakarta-hivemind Wiki] Update of "FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by mferris

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-hivemind Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by mferris:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-hivemind/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

  SessionFacade sf = (SessionFacade) registry.getService(SessionFacade.class);
  }}}

+ '''Question 5):''' '''["How does one explicitly enable logging within Hivemind? "]''' (mferris 03/29/2004)
+
+ When I run, I get the spew below, which I see comes from the guts of the RegistryBuilder. I specify an interceptor class, but the problem is that Hivemind is not instantiating my service, hence I get no interception.  Another service point in the same hivemodule.xml DOES get instantiated.
+ I get a runtime error of:
+ Unable to construct service tradeworkflow.TradeLifecycleService: Failure invoking constructor for class trade.workflow.service.TradeLifecycleService (at META-INF/hivemodule.xml, line 9, column 86)
+
+ The hivemodule line and column referenced contains the > symbol (the end of the <construct class line)
+
+  L O G G I N G   C O N F I G U R A T I O N   E R R O R
+
+  Logging is not enabled for org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.
+  Errors during HiveMind module descriptor parsing and validation may not be
+  logged. This may result in difficult-to-trace runtime exceptions, if there
+  are errors in any of your module descriptors. You should enable error
+  logging for the org.apache.hivemind and hivemind loggers.
+
+ I attempted to pass in -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger -Dorg.apache.hivemind=SEVERE
+ at the command line, but this has no effect.
+