Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2013/02/01 01:31:17 UTC

versions of clear* jars that are not in maven central

Hi Steve,

When looking through the jars in lib directories under ctakes-* projects in SVN, and trying to find the jars in maven central, I see these clear* ones which are not listed in maven central

Could not find at the given version in maven central:
clearparser-0.33.jar
cleartk-eval-0.8.1.jar
cleartk-ml-1.0.1.jar
cleartk-ml-libsvm-1.0.1.jar
cleartk-ml-opennlp-maxent-1.0.2.jar
cleartk-ml-svmlight-1.0.2.jar
cleartk-test-util-1.0.1.jar
cleartk-util-0.8.1.jar

Could not find at all in maven central:
cleartk-chunker-1.0.1.jar

To enable a clean source release of cTAKES I will be deleting those jars from cTAKES SVN
(see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-138

For cTAKES 3.0, should we be upgrading to a later version of those clear*  jars (or is there a lot of testing that would be required), or should I upload those under groupid org.apache.ctakes, or would you like to upload those to maven central?

(if something doesn't sound right, it could be that I  am off-base here with my maven lingo - still learning maven)

-- James

Re: versions of clear* jars that are not in maven central

Posted by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU>.
On Jan 31, 2013, at 5:31 PM, "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> wrote:
> When looking through the jars in lib directories under ctakes-* projects in SVN, and trying to find the jars in maven central, I see these clear* ones which are not listed in maven central
>
> Could not find at the given version in maven central:
> clearparser-0.33.jar
> cleartk-eval-0.8.1.jar
> cleartk-ml-1.0.1.jar
> cleartk-ml-libsvm-1.0.1.jar
> cleartk-ml-opennlp-maxent-1.0.2.jar
> cleartk-ml-svmlight-1.0.2.jar
> cleartk-test-util-1.0.1.jar
> cleartk-util-0.8.1.jar
>
> Could not find at all in maven central:
> cleartk-chunker-1.0.1.jar

At least for ctakes-relation-extractor, I can confirm that we're not actually using any of these jars - we're pulling current versions from Maven Central. Looks like those were unintentionally left in there after the conversion to Maven. So deleting them should be totally fine.

For ctakes-dependency-parser, I don't know as much. I assume it would be fine to use the newer cleartk-util from Maven Central. But I don't think clearparser is available at all on Maven Central. I've asked Jinho many, many times to put it up there, but that's never happened. Feel free to ping him again though. Maybe you'll have more luck than me.

Steve