Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brad Szabo <bs...@unicon.net> on 2007/02/22 17:32:09 UTC

Maven2 - POM inheritance issue with Developers & Contributors sections?

Hey everyone. I have a quick question. Isn't the developers and
contributors info supposed to be merged, not overridden from parent to
child POMs?

My project has a chief architect/developer over all of the sub-projects
and I am trying to list him once in the parent POM, and then add
developers working on specific sub-projects in the child POMs
accordingly. His information is not being merged into the effective POM
of the child projects.

According to the Project Inheritance section of
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html
this info should be merged.

Has anyone else run into this?  I searched JIRA and could not find an
issue about this.

Thanks,
Brad

P.S. I am using Maven 2.0.5

Re: Maven2 - POM inheritance issue with Developers & Contributors sections?

Posted by Brad Szabo <bs...@unicon.net>.
The output of 'mvn help:effective-pom" shows that developer info from
the parent POM is not being merged into its child POMs. I will create a
JIRA issue so it can be addressed.

Thanks.

Brad

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Try running "mvn help:effective-pom"... if they aren't merged, then either
the code or doc needs updated.

Thanks;
Eric

On 2/22/07, Brad Szabo <bs...@unicon.net> wrote:

> Hey everyone. I have a quick question. Isn't the developers and
> contributors info supposed to be merged, not overridden from parent to
> child POMs?
>
> My project has a chief architect/developer over all of the sub-projects
> and I am trying to list him once in the parent POM, and then add
> developers working on specific sub-projects in the child POMs
> accordingly. His information is not being merged into the effective POM
> of the child projects.
>
> According to the Project Inheritance section of
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html
> this info should be merged.
>
> Has anyone else run into this?  I searched JIRA and could not find an
> issue about this.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad
>
> P.S. I am using Maven 2.0.5