Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/01/17 09:51:54 UTC

What's the holdup with the code?

Hi,

still the IoTDB git repo ist empty … what’s the reason for this? Anything I can help with?

Chris

Re: What's the holdup with the code?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> Everything doesn't have to be perfect before it comes here.

+1 to that you might even be able to find other people who want to help in those tasks.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: What's the holdup with the code?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Same here,

That way in a git blame you can always see why a line of code is the way it is by reading the last commit message as well as its history.

And you can always see who wrote wat part of code ... otherwise you'll be forever the one to blame for a lot of code you didn't write ;-)

Chris

Am 17.01.19, 13:46 schrieb "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>:

    For me, my immediate reactio bnb is save the comments and pull everything
    into the new repo.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for all advice.

I have pushed the codes to the repository, though there are still some
checkstyle issues.  (I will open some JIRA issues to records them, and
maybe there are some other issues).

Now, all guys can work on the apache repository.

Besides, please set the default branch as `master`. Thanks :D

Best,
-----------------------------------

吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> 于2019年1月17日周四 下午9:06写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I think we should keep all commit logs. 11MB is a very small repository in OSS.

Also +1 keeping the commit history is very important if any provenance issues ever come up.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: What's the holdup with the code?

From:  "Xiangdong Huang"<sa...@gmail.com>;