Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bau, Flavien" <fb...@us.infogrames.com> on 2002/02/11 20:42:56 UTC

Apache http server as a FRONT END for IIS

Hi folks,

We have a web server running IIS to serve Outlook Web Access requests which
give you the availability to read your emails stored an Exchange server with
a browser.

I don't want this IIS server to be visible from internet (because security
with Microsoft product is laughable). I want to configure an apache
server/Linux to be a front end to my IIS server.

Which directive should I use to ask my apache server to redirect specific
URLs to the IIS server and also all requests incoming to ports 443 (https).
I tried ProxyRemote, but didn't get it to work... :(

Thanks for your collaboration.

Please reply to the list but also to my email. tks

RE: Apache http server as a FRONT END for IIS

Posted by Bill Hatter <bh...@apohiolaw.com>.
Try to put a Redirect in there. When the user clicks on the link, have
it take them to a specified directory, which you have redirected to your
Email Server.

I have set this up on our Load Balancer, and it works great,

Bill Hatter
Web/Network Administrator
Anderson Publishing Company
Cincinnati, OH
513 562.8119

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Bau, Flavien [mailto:fbau@us.infogrames.com]

> We have a web server running IIS to serve Outlook Web Access
> requests which
> give you the availability to read your emails stored an Exchange
> server with
> a browser.
>
> I don't want this IIS server to be visible from internet (because security
> with Microsoft product is laughable). I want to configure an apache
> server/Linux to be a front end to my IIS server.
>
> Which directive should I use to ask my apache server to redirect specific
> URLs to the IIS server and also all requests incoming to ports
> 443 (https).
> I tried ProxyRemote, but didn't get it to work... :(

You need to use "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse".  A web search for
"reverse proxy" should turn up some details.

Joshua.