Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nikolai Lavrent'ev <ln...@iao.ru> on 2003/02/25 14:06:15 UTC

DTD validation in Cocoon with Xerces parser

Hello!

Generally, is it possible to vaidate XML according to DTD/XML Schema
within the Cocoon?

When I was using JAXP as parser (with <parameter name="validate"
value="true"/>), it checked both XML and DTD files for syntax errors,
but didn't validate XML file accordingly to its' DTD. Moreover, comment
in cocoon.xconf states that:

"XML validation is only being used for the documentation build.
(If you are going to use it elsewhere, then do so with caution.)
You really should have validated all of your XML documents already,
according to their proper DTD or schema. Do not expect Cocoon to do it."

Does it means that Cocoon will not provide validation errors from
underlying parser?

And if it doesn't, what parameter/parameters should I write inside
    <xml-parser class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.XercesParser"
logger="core.xml-parser">
        <parameter="?" value="?" />
    </xml-parser>
in cocoon.xconf to make Xerces parser validating?

Thanks.
Nikolai