Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "H. Carter Harris" <ca...@technettn.net> on 2005/03/24 19:31:54 UTC

[users@httpd] open_basedir restriction in effect

I'm a real newbie but I'm trying. I read the archive and tried to fix a
problem I was having with a download using AcceptPathInfo but it clobbered
my php installation.

I added a AcceptPathInfo on a virtual web page and it dynamically altered my
php.ini (I think).

I'm now getting the following errors:

------------------------------------Begin
Warning: mkdir(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
File(/home/domain/moodledata) is not within the allowed path(s): (.) in
/home/domain/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1912

ERROR: You need to create the directory /home/domain/moodledata with web
server write access

>From reading the archives, I understand that a dynamic chaange is possible
using zend_alter_ini_entry.

Also from reading, I've tried to add a / infront of the $curdir in line 1912
but that had no effect.

I want to go back to where I was. How do I disable open_basedir?

Does php have to be restarted?