Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by contactreji <co...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/12 07:42:08 UTC

Inifnite build up of temp files in TarAggretationStrategy - Server Crash

Hi guys

I am using TarAggregationStrategy in my camel application. I am using this
component to aggregate few jpg images which are coming in every second. I
tried to run this on the test servers and found that after a point, the
server crashes. On inspection I found that the disk got full as this
component generates and stores a large number of .temp files in the temp
folder.

Doesn't temp files created get deleted automatically once the aggregated
batch is sent downstreams? Is this a bug?

I see in the source that the implementation for temp file delete is written
but looks like it never cleans up the temp file.

My code looks like follows

from("file:ToBeZipped?recursive=true")
                .routeId("BooksImageLoader_TarAggregator")
                .aggregate(new TarAggregationStrategy(true,true))
                .constant(true)
                .completionSize(constant(20))
                .completionTimeout(10000)
                .eagerCheckCompletion()

.setHeader("CamelFileName",simple("${date:now:yyyyMMdd}_${date:now:HHmmss}.tar"))
                .to("file:FinalTarArchive")
                .end();

Regards
Reji

-----
Reji Mathews
Sr. Developer - Middleware Integration / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB )
LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a
Twitter - reji_mathews