Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jean-Francois Nadeau <th...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/04 21:14:45 UTC

Problem creating networks after 4.11 upgrade

I all,

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem after upgrading from 4.9.
 All our networks are using a custom network offering with no services
defined since the physical network provides DHCP and DNS.   Environment is
CentOS 7, KVM with the openvswitch driver.

Now after the upgrade to 4.11,  creating a network using that same network
offering fails with an  "Unable to convert network offering with specified
id to network profile" error.

The issue is documented here:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/2989

I hope someone can have a look at it.  This is the last issue that blocks
us from upgrading.

best,

Jean-Francois

Re: Problem creating networks after 4.11 upgrade

Posted by Jean-Francois Nadeau <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Thanks you on the precision about voting. I wasn't sure this was the right
place to rise blockers for targeted use cases.     And in regards to the
issue, I do get the same error creating a shared network that is not scoped
to a project.

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Eric & Jean-Francois,

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Fwd: Problem creating networks after 4.11 upgrade

Posted by Jean-Francois Nadeau <th...@gmail.com>.
+dev

this is a considered blocker for an upgrade to 4.11.2 (at least for us):
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/2989

Test was on 4.11.2rc3.  will send to dev list

Re: Problem creating networks after 4.11 upgrade

Posted by Jean-Francois Nadeau <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Could you please try with 4.11.2 RC release? Did you send an email on DEV
list with link to GitHub?

Posted by Eric Lee Green <er...@gmail.com>.