Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Snow Huynh <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2005/03/29 20:24:35 UTC

The separation of Struts and Tiles

I am in a group that is doing tooling for Struts, and we want to provide
some tooling for Tiles now.  Some of our user scenerios only use Tiles and
not Struts.  We'd like to support these scenerios without dragging Struts
along if possible.  From what I've read in this list and from
"TilesTopLevel" in Apache, it looks like there are movements toward moving
Tiles out from Struts, but since TilesServlet is no longer available (in
Struts 1.2.4 or 1.2.6), what is your recommendation for us?  Do we have
any other options besides dragging Struts in and using Struts
ActionServlet?  Thank you for your help.

Snow Huynh