Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/12/06 21:52:39 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/misc/unix start.c

>   +/* ### why do we have this, in addition to apr_make_sub_pool? */
>   +apr_status_t apr_create_pool(apr_pool_t **newcont, apr_pool_t *cont)

We have create_pool because make_sub_pool is an incorrect name, it doesn't
make a sub_pool, it makes a pool.  Add to that that we have to wrap
information into the pool that wasn't included in the original
make_sub_pool.  The big reason though, is that this was a part of the
context, which used to have a pool in it, but was not the pool
structure.  When we made the contexts into pools, this function stuck
around, because Apache 2.0 was using create_pool instead of
make_sub_pool.  We should remove make_sub_pool, because it doesn't set
things properly, and just fold make_sub_pool into create_pool.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131