Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Nuckles, Ed (GE Infra, Energy)" <ed...@ge.com> on 2007/01/29 16:48:48 UTC

blindly accept all cookies?

 I'm using the latest version of HTTPClient.  I'm getting an error back
from HttpMethodBase.processCookieHeaders  "illegal domain attribute
".ge-energy.com".  Domain of origin is <192....some local IP>"  I know
exactly why this is happening.  The webserver is giving out a cookie
with a different domain than its own because it expects the user to go
through a reverse proxy.  However for debugging I am going around the
reverse proxy and need to blindly accept all the cookies.  Is there a
way to do this?

thanks,

Ed Nuckles
General Electric

Re: blindly accept all cookies?

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Ed,

I think it's useful to have support classes for debugging purposes. We
could integrate your implementation in the stock version of HttpClient
3.1 (and the future 4.0). Feel free to add a JIRA report at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT and attach your
implementation.

Ortwin

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/

Re: blindly accept all cookies?

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Ed,

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/

Mail Delivery Problem (was: blindly accept all cookies?)

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hello Ed,

I answered your question last Saturday on the user list.
There has been a mail delivery problem over the week-end,
but you can look it up in the mailing list archive:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-user/200701.mbox/%3c45BB58D6.4030604@dubioso.net%3e

Sorry for the inconvenience,
  Roland