Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Klausner <do...@zsi.at> on 2000/11/13 22:22:00 UTC

new module

Hi!

I am currently developing a perl module that is somewhat simmilar
to CGI::PathInfo, and somewhat not. (IMO more not).

The module would be used in a CGI- or mod_perl-environment. It
takes the path-info (or the whole URL) and performs some regular
expressions (defined via some configuration) on it. If the regular
expressions match, the value will be added to $q->param

Example:
URI: /somewhere/on/server/o_date/id1234.html

%config={
  order_by=>'o_(\w+)'   ,
  id=>'id(\d+)'   ,
};

# code (simplified !!)
   while(my($key,$regex)=each(%config)) {
      if ($pathinfo=~/$regex/) {
         $q->param($key,$+);
      }
   }

after this code, $q->param('id') holds "1234" and
$q->param('order_by') holds "date"

Do you think this module would be useful for others?
If so, I will try to put in on CPAN.

I am thinking of naming the module CGI::PathInfoRegex or
Apache::PathInfoRegex. Which name is better suited (or should I
choose a totally difrent name?)

The whole module (definitly alpha code) can be found at :
http://domm.zsi.at/PathInfoRegex-0.01.tar.gz

--
D_OMM              http://domm.zsi.at
O_xyderkes