Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Axb <ax...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/02 22:23:38 UTC

blacklist_uri_host

Gals (3?) & Guys

If you're being plagued by the new TLD spams AND using SA 3.4.x
don't forget "blacklist_uri_host"

per default it's scored
score URI_HOST_IN_BLACKLIST 100

but you may want to be less radical and just use a score butnot treat as
a poison pill rule so:

___
# Adjust score to match the weather
ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::WLBLEval
score URI_HOST_IN_BLACKLIST  3.0

blacklist_uri_host science
blacklist_uri_host work
blacklist_uri_host click

endif
____

and just add the abused TLD_du_jour

& Happy Easter - May the bunny be with you.

Axb

Re: blacklist_uri_host

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 04/04/2015 04:57 AM, @lbutlr wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2015, at 6:42 AM, Joe Quinn <jq...@pccc.com> wrote:
>> By the way, you can add .rocks to your list. We're doing something similar in KAM.cf as KAM_OTHER_BAD_TLD.
>>
> I noticed that KAM.cf scored my most recent mailing from Newegg with a total of 3.7 points:
>
> 0.2 KAM_LOTSOFHASH         Emails with lots of hash-like gibberish
> 3.5 KAM_ANA                Likely Weight-loss / Medical Spam
>
> I’ve never gotten spam from NewEgg, so…
>
> (not complaining, just pointing it out in case someone wants to check)

Please, do not hijack threads.
It's annoying if you search a list archive and get all kind of
irrelevant results.

Re: blacklist_uri_host

Posted by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com>.

--
'Pardon me for living, I'm sure.' NO-ONE GETS PARDONED FOR LIVING.

Re: blacklist_uri_host

Posted by Joe Quinn <jq...@pccc.com>.

Re: blacklist_uri_host

Posted by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com>.
Sorry if this seems newbie-ish, but . . .

I just got (a) phish purporting to be a major CC and had to scroll way down the html stuff to find the phishy link.

Will this address that problem?

joe a.