Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2000/09/12 21:51:58 UTC

tracking down segfaults

Just a quick question:

I'm running on Solaris 2.6 and mod_perl 1.21 and have these nagging
segfaults that I've asked about before.  I get five or ten a day out of say
20K requests.

I need to upgrade to mod_perl 1.24 before spending a lot of time debugging.
 My question is this: is there a more current version that I should use
that might include some of the patches posted here since 1.24 was released
that would be considered stable?  Or should I stick with 1.24?

I'm seeing this:
  Undefined subroutine &Apache::RegistryNG->handler::handler
and
  Can't locate object method "handler" via package "handler"

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org

Re: tracking down segfaults

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Just a quick question:
>
> I'm running on Solaris 2.6 and mod_perl 1.21 and have these nagging
> segfaults that I've asked about before.  I get five or ten a day out of say
> 20K requests.
>
> I need to upgrade to mod_perl 1.24 before spending a lot of time debugging.
>  My question is this: is there a more current version that I should use
> that might include some of the patches posted here since 1.24 was released
> that would be considered stable?  Or should I stick with 1.24?
>
> I'm seeing this:
>   Undefined subroutine &Apache::RegistryNG->handler::handler
> and
>   Can't locate object method "handler" via package "handler"

you might want to try a cvs snapshot, or just the patch that was posted to
change hard_timeout() usage to soft_timeout(), which could be the cause of
this odd behavior.  or wait for 1.25, which i really hope to have ready
this week.

Re: tracking down segfaults

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
Stick with 1.24.  If there's some specific problem that you think the
latest CVS snapshot would be good for, then try that, but you probably
don't want to install the whole thing wholesale.  Could be very bad, as
the CVS version is never guaranteed to work.

There's no intermediate release since 1.24, just various patches/additions
that have been made in CVS.

moseley@hank.org (Bill Moseley) wrote:
>Just a quick question:
>
>I'm running on Solaris 2.6 and mod_perl 1.21 and have these nagging
>segfaults that I've asked about before.  I get five or ten a day out of say
>20K requests.
>
>I need to upgrade to mod_perl 1.24 before spending a lot of time debugging.
> My question is this: is there a more current version that I should use
>that might include some of the patches posted here since 1.24 was released
>that would be considered stable?  Or should I stick with 1.24?
>
>I'm seeing this:
>  Undefined subroutine &Apache::RegistryNG->handler::handler
>and
>  Can't locate object method "handler" via package "handler"

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum