Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2010/09/07 08:56:02 UTC

Status of Aries

I'm new to Aries and find it a very interesting project. Given that the
release number is still far below 1.0 and the project has an "incubating"
status, I'm curious about the status of the project. Is Aries mature enough
for production use? Who else is using it in production?

My main interest (at this point) is in JPA (with OpenJPA or EclipseLink -
haven't decided yet), transaction and blueprint although I'll probably look
into the other parts as well.

Thanks,

/Bengt

Re: Status of Aries

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Thanks for your reply Timothy,

Sounds like Aries is a lot more mature then its version numbering indicates
then. Judging from your reply it should definitely be up for production use.
It might be useful if this was clarified on your web site. If Geronimo and
WebSphere AS uses Aries you should brag about since it gives a substantial
credibility to the project.

Thanks,

/Bengt

RE: Status of Aries