Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Parth Patel <pp...@stevens.edu> on 2017/09/28 00:30:48 UTC

To Know about Kafka and it's usage

Hi,
This is to know more about Kafka and how i can use it in my project. I am
trying to learn about Big Data Engineering and came across Kafka. I am
trying to develop an application which could take some real time data,
filter it and show some visual outputs and would like to know where Kafka
could fit and what other technologies should i use.

I was thinking about using Spark, Python, Google Cloud. Any help regarding
this would be great.

Thanks,
Parth Patel

Re: To Know about Kafka and it's usage

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Parth :
bq. an application which could take some real time data

Can you be a bit more specific on what your goal is ?

It would help narrow down the choices you have.

Cheers