Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/12 05:58:07 UTC

More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Will one of our resident Bugzilla admins please add version 1.3.1 to the list?

I took the opportunity to practice signing the files, so if someone
could please check the signatures, I would appreciate it.
 * http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action/v1.3.1/

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/11/06, Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> STATUS.txt from struts-action-1.3.1.zip mentions Clarity initiative,
> using names like Spring MVC, Struts Classic, Struts Ti, Beehive and
> WebWork. I don't know what portion of Beehive will be included in
> Struts 2.0, but Spring MVC will definetely not be there (or will it?)
> The Clarity name itself is seemed to be dropped and forgotten.
>
> Should not this file be updated?

It sounds like you're reading the October 2005 board report (that's
the only place I see Clarity mentioned.)  Those are historical
documents, so they will not be changed.

I see Ted has added the recent board report that mentions WebWork.
Here's the new version:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/build/trunk/STATUS.txt

--
Wendy

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
> Will one of our resident Bugzilla admins please add version 1.3.1 to the list?
>
> I took the opportunity to practice signing the files, so if someone
> could please check the signatures, I would appreciate it.
>  * http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action/v1.3.1/

STATUS.txt from struts-action-1.3.1.zip mentions Clarity initiative,
using names like Spring MVC, Struts Classic, Struts Ti, Beehive and
WebWork. I don't know what portion of Beehive will be included in
Struts 2.0, but Spring MVC will definetely not be there (or will it?)
The Clarity name itself is seemed to be dropped and forgotten.

Should not this file be updated?

Michael.

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

> Will one of our resident Bugzilla admins please add version 1.3.1 to the
> list?

Done.

Craig

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 3/11/06, Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/11/06, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/11/06, Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I hope that my largely offtopic requst won't be totally out of line in
> > > this thread. Struts 1.3.1 Release wiki page is too large in terms of
> > > font size. Same is other wiki pages ;-)
> >
> > The UserPreferences page has an option for 'User CSS URL'.  Have you
> tried that?
> >  * http://wiki.apache.org/struts/UserPreferences
> >
> > I just use CTRL and + or - to change the size on pages...
>
> I don't like changing font sizes from one browser window to another.
> Also, I thought that other users would appreciate the change too, so
> making it global makes sense. Anyway, I can finetune CSS for myself,
> no prob.

There are also more than a few of us whose eyes appreciate a larger default
font size :-).

Thanks.

Craig

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
> Will one of our resident Bugzilla admins please add version 1.3.1 to the list?
>
> I took the opportunity to practice signing the files, so if someone
> could please check the signatures, I would appreciate it.
>  * http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action/v1.3.1/

I hope that my largely offtopic requst won't be totally out of line in
this thread. Struts 1.3.1 Release wiki page is too large in terms of
font size. Same is other wiki pages ;-) I would like to bring
attention of Struts admins to this issue once more. This is unusual
for me since I cannot stand too small fancy but unreadable fonts.
Anyway, Struts wiki fonts are way too large. I suggest changing wiki
common.css file from:

html {
       background-color: white;
       color: black;
       font-family: Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;
       font-size: 1em;
       line-height: 1.25em;
}

html {
       background-color: white;
       color: black;
       font-family: Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;
       font-size: 0.8em;
}

Or should I open a documentation-related Bugzilla ticket for this?

Michael.

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Thx - checked the pgp (.asc) keys and they are all good.

Niall

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Wendy, can you add your key to:

Re: More on Struts Action 1.3.1

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

> Will one of our resident Bugzilla admins please add version 1.3.1 to the
> list?
>
> I took the opportunity to practice signing the files, so if someone
> could please check the signatures, I would appreciate it.
> * http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action/v1.3.1/

All the .sha1 and .md5 signatures look good for me.  I don't have pgp or gpg
installed at the moment, so can't check those signatures yet.

Thanks,
> Wendy

Craig