Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sarang Deshpande <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/10 08:00:32 UTC

InventoryItem Transfer - Can't get custom field of InventoryItem transferred

Dear Community,

First of all, thank you so much for a wonderful product and a strong
application development platform.

We have an additional field declared for an InventoryItem (e.g. pH value,
used in a Product from the Food Processing Industry). We are able to
receive the product with this additional value and we are able to build
reports which has this value displayed.

When we try to transfer this InventoryItem to another Warehouse, the
InventoryItem gets transferred, but the additional field doesn't get
transferred. We can see the field appearing in the TransferInventory
entity. But when this inventory goes back in the InventoryItem entity
(after transfer is completed from the transfer inventory form) we miss the
additional field. We tried looking at the inventory transfer services but
couldn't find the solution.

We appreciate your help in:

A. Identify the file where we can specify this additional field so that it
gets transferred with the transferred inventory.
B. Is there a single place where we can add the additional field and it
gets considered in other inventory transfer methods such as inventory
variance?

Thanks in advance.

Sarang

Re: InventoryItem Transfer - Can't get custom field of InventoryItem transferred

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You shouldn't need to specify the additional field in that service as its there on InventoryItem being transferred and being updated there.
The thing here causing problem is while updating InventoryItem after transfer looks like not being persisted properly when updated other info on InventoryItem e.g. facility(warehouse).
You should be putting some logs to the context being passed to updateInventoryItem service from completeInventoryTransfer and also in that service to make sure when its stored in db.

Regards,

Pranay Pandey

Posted by Sarang Deshpande <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.