Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/18 19:19:27 UTC

Are we doing a 0.7.2?

People tend to produce patches against the 0.7.1. Currently I think we are
urging double commits on trunk and 0.8 because the large code difference
makes auto merges too dangerous. However I don't think we are likely to do
a 0.7.2 release (0.8 is not too far out at this point). So I think we
should be advising people to giving any non-critical patches just against
0.8, right?

Thoughts?

-Jay

Re: Are we doing a 0.7.2?

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes it's an option if you ask with caveats about it not being as
polished as SVN support, users are expected to be extra helpful if
things break, etc.

Will start a new thread for further discussion.

Re: Are we doing a 0.7.2?

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Are we doing a 0.7.2?

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.