Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by matteor <ma...@abodata.com> on 2013/05/10 17:41:24 UTC

Client Failover in a brokers network

I have the following broker topology:

NC1 e NC2 are configured with uri="multicast://239.255.2.4" e TTL=5.
duplex=false on both NC1 and NC2.

Both brokers create a openwire transport connector with nio://0.0.0.0:61616
and discoveryURI="multicast://239.255.2.4". Besides, the following
properties are set:
- update cluster clients
- rebalance cluster clients
- update cluster clients on remove

Each and every client (both consumers and producers) connect to
failover://tcp://<broker A URI>

I performed some tests and I experienced the following behavior:

	 Let us say Producer P1 and Consumer C1 connect to broker A and P2 and C2
connect to B
	 Switch off broker A through jconsole close command
	 C1 and P1 do not switch on B

	 Restart broker A
	 Switch off B through jconsole close command
	 C2 and P2 failover to broker A (so I'm happy)

Is this the expected behavior? Why the switch over from A to B does not
work?

Thank you very much.

matteo

Re: Client Failover in a brokers network

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Maybe try out the nightly snapshots to see if it is resolved for you:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.9-SNAPSHOT/

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM, matteor <ma...@abodata.com> wrote:

> Ok, I think I just re-discovered this one: AMQ-4505
>
> What would you suggest? To recompile trunk? Is there a patch that could be
> applied to 5.8.0 codebase?
>
> Thanks

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Client Failover in a brokers network