Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Igor Couto <co...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/29 22:36:29 UTC

JspStateManagerImpl and SerializedView problems

Hi guys,

For some reason (developing a kind of ajax component with myfaces), i have
an UIViewRoot update that won't have saved by StateManager:

UiViewRoot view = context.getViewRoot();

//I can have a serializable view too... (i have made a lot of testes)
StateManager.SerializedView view = getSerializedView(context);

The saved view root:

JspStateManagerImpl impl = (JspStateManagerImpl) context.getApplication
().getStateManager();
UIViewRoot viewOld = impl.restoreView(context,context.getViewRoot
().getViewId(),context.getViewRoot().getRenderKitId());

Has component states different of my new view root.

I try:
1) context.getApplication().getStateManager().writeState(context,view);
2) impl.saveSerializedView(context);
3) context.getApplication().getStateManager().writeState(context,view);

But none works.

I know that's all the serializable views are on
ExternalContext.getSessionMap, but on the 1.1.3 the value is a
SerializedViewCollection (a protected class) so i cannot override the values
manually.

I really do need this, because a call (context.setResponseComplete), so the
states of the view are not updated by the default lifecycle.

Tks!

Igor Couto
Delhi Consultoria