Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/21 09:09:40 UTC

Re: Clustering and passive replication

Hi Igor,
At the moment, a member can only be started in the ACTIVE state. I started
work last week on making it possible to configure a member to be ACTIVE or
PASSIVE in the cluster configuration section. Part of this work is already
available in the trunk. When an active member fails, the coordinator will
activate one of the passive members. Also, the passive member will not start
any transport listeners, hence will not be able to do anything useful until
it is activated. Hopefully, this feature will be available in the next Axis2
release.

Also like Paul said, you can use a Linux HA setup to achieve the same.

Thanks
Azeez

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Igor Nogueira <igornogueirasantos@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thanks Paul! So, with clustering I can only use active replication,  ins't
> it?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Igor Nogueira
>
> 2008/10/20 Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>
>
> Igor
>>
>> Typically you would do this without Axis2 being aware of it - e.g.
>> either using a Linux IP renegotiation system or Linux HA, or by
>> setting up your IP sprayer (or mod_proxy) that way.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 2:11 AM, Igor Nogueira
>> <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Guys is it possible to build a classic passive replication schema with
>> axis2
>> > clustering support? I mean, only one of the servers actually answers the
>> > client's invocations while the backup replicas "sleep" ?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Igor Nogueira
>> >

>> --
>> Paul Fremantle