Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Moinuddin Syed <mo...@justdial.com> on 2016/11/21 10:21:37 UTC

Medical reports

Hi,

I want to extract the TEST names from a medical report and their
RESULTS, which are in this format, extracted using OCR

Test Result                           Normal Value
Serum Triglycerides 67                              90 - 200 mgs/dl
Serum HDL: Cholesterol                38 35 - 55 mgs/dl
Serum LDL: Cholesterol                49 85 - 150 mgs/dl
Serum VLDL: Cholesterol 13                            10 \u2014 40 mgs/dl

I figured that I may need to use Clinical Pipeline. cTAKES seems a bit
complicated to me as there are many components and I'm not sure about
how to go with them, also it seems that I need to get UMLS account to
get dictionary lookup.

Can you briefly guide me as to what steps I need to take to perform NER
on medical report for TESTS and their RESULTS.

Thanks

Just Dial Limited
http://jsdl.in/NSE

Get your JD app for Android, IPhone, Windows, Blackberry:
http://jsdl.in/jdl

Justdial Features in :
http://jsdl.in/Mint
http://jsdl.in/Forbes