Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Najarian <j-...@earthlink.net> on 2005/02/07 16:24:45 UTC

OT: Version control tool

Does anyone know a good version control tool for code management that is free?

Also, a bug tracking application would be nice also.

These need to be run on Windows.

Thanks

Re: Version control tool

Posted by epyonne <ep...@hotmail.com>.
VCS is open source and is very good. Do a search on sourceforge.net.

Thanks.

Stopping infinite loops

Posted by Garthfield Carter <ga...@webconexion.net>.
I run a server with Tomcat 5.0.27. A user managed to bring the server to
a grinding halt for 6 hours after he created a servlet with an infinite
loop, the piece of code that contained the infinite loop had a MySQL
connect statement which added to the problem greatly.

I've searched extensively for various answers in how to limit the damage
of infinite loops in Java but have drawn blanks. The memory allocated to
the JVMs is set to a maximum of 24MB per account. This had little effect
in keeping the damage down. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
I've toyed with the idea of using ulimit on CPU time but then Tomcat
wouldn't die depending on what time limit I set. You can't specify child
process ulimits unfortunately.

I'm hoping there's some admin settings perhaps I can use with Tomcat
itself or in the JVM.

Garthfield

Re: OT: Version control tool

Posted by Graham Reeds <gr...@ntlworld.com>.
John Najarian wrote:
> Does anyone know a good version control tool for code management that is free?
>
> Also, a bug tracking application would be nice also.
>
> These need to be run on Windows.
>
> Thanks

Subversion?

Re: OT: Version control tool

Posted by Chris Shenton <Ch...@hq.nasa.gov>.
John Najarian <j-...@earthlink.net> writes:

> Also, a bug tracking application would be nice also.
> These need to be run on Windows.

I've used RT (Request Tracker) for feature/issue/bug tracking.  It
works well and is quite powerful.  Clients access it through a web
interface, or email requests into it.  It's actively developed.

  http://bestpractical.com/rt/

It's in Perl and uses a backend SQL DB; I'm using MySQL. I front it
with Apache.  I'm running it on FreeBSD but since Perl, Apache, and
MySQL now run on Windows you should be able to serve it from there.