Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 08:14:52 UTC

[Fwd: OSGi Bundle Repository support for Archiva]

Hi all,

The Apache Archiva (Maven Repository Software) is obviously working on
support for OBR !

This is great news IMHO !

Regards
Felix

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: OSGi Bundle Repository support for Archiva
Datum: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:35:37 +1100
Von: James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>
Antwort an: dev@archiva.apache.org
An: dev@archiva.apache.org, dbrown@atlassian.com

Hey guys,
I started some work on building an OBR repository consumer that will
produce a repository.xml file in the root of the managed repositories.

For those who don't know OBR is the OSGi Bundle Repository [1]. The
repository.xml (or .zip) describes the bundles, their locations and
versions that are available in the repository (or a remote one for that
matter).

OSGi bundles deployed using Maven to Archiva (or simply placed in the
repository) should then be made almost immediately available via OBR
clients.

Anyway, this should give us the basis for excellent support in Archiva
OSGi. Atlassian plan to use Archiva as the platform for serving plugins
and their dependent OSGi bundles - which is really cool :)

Anyone have any thoughts, questions?

Cheers,
James

[1]
http://www.osgi.org/Download/File?url=/download/rfc-0112_BundleRepository.pdf

Re: [Fwd: OSGi Bundle Repository support for Archiva]

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.
Excellent news!
What about having something like that on central repo, as in time I
expect that number of osgi jars will increase ;)

--
Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org         - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open