Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Kavanaugh <Da...@akqa.com> on 2011/09/16 18:56:11 UTC

New Member and a Question

Hi,

I just joined this mailing list so hello to all. The reason I joined is that I have been tasked with
integrating Spring Security 3 (SS3 as I call it) into a Struts 1.x application. I myself have limited Struts experience but good
knowledge of it.

I was wondering if anyone has done similar work in this area. I have found an issue that I cannot resolve and
I thought I'd bring it up on this mailing list.

My issue is that after SS3 authenticates a user, I use a URL as the target formatted as http://localhost:8080/myappname/actionName.do.
As SS3 does not interact with Struts, I have asked the SS3 authentication success handler to create a form bean
that the target URL's action needs. I create it and populate it with data and then save it to the Http Session as an attribute.
I Assume that is how Struts works. When SS3 is finished and I do a RequestDispatcher to the target URL, the Action object
I mapped to execute the URL does indeed start executing and I do see the form bean in the session. However, all the data
in the form bean is blank. This of course prevents it from continuing.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks.