Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Peter A. Kirk" <pk...@alpha-solutions.dk> on 2009/12/20 23:46:07 UTC

query log

Hi, I'd like to write a "Component" that can write to a simple log with query data for every submitted query.

So far I have written a simple Component and configured it to be called in the "standard" requestHandler. However, I have noticed that it is not always called. It's as if some queries are cached - and the standard request handler is not called at all. How do I write EVERY query request to my log?

<searchComponent name="OccurrenceLogger"
class="my.handler.component.TestFileLogger" />

<requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.SearchHandler" default="true">

    <arr name="first-components">
      <str>OccurrenceLogger</str>
    </arr>

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Peter Kirk
E-mail: mailto:pk@alpha-solutions.dk

Re: SynonymFilterFactory parseRules

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> I am still looking at "synonyms", and the possibility of having synonyms loaded via another mechanism than reading from a text file.

I am also looking at creating a DBSynonymFilterFactory which will
allow us to load the synonyms from a db.

I haven't done much apart from getting solr-trunk and creating the
class - I was going to work on it a little over the holidays as my
holidays project.

Would you like to collaborate?  Not sure how we'd manage it, but there
are enough ways of sharing code now that we could work something out?

> A few questions:
> Does anyone know why, in SynonymFilterFactory, the method "parseRules" is package private (actually I'm not sure of the terminology - what I mean is, I can't call this method from outside the package, so I can't use this method if I extend SynonymFilterFactory).
>
> And why are "parseRules" and several other methods static?
>
> Also, where does the "ResourceLoader" supplied to the "inform" method come from? Or, who is it that instantiates the resource-loader and the filter-factory, and calls the "inform" method. Can I influence this at all - for instance, can I inject my own "ResourceLoader" into this call?
>
> Thanks very much for your help,.
> Peter

Thanks,
Kev

SynonymFilterFactory parseRules

Re: query log

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 20, 2009, at 7:24 PM, Peter A. Kirk wrote:
> Where is the "HTTP 304" feature enabled and disabled? Or how can I
> at least ensure that my logger always gets the request, however Solr
> responds?

It's configured in solrconfig.xml - I generally recommend turning it
off during development, though I've gotten used to hitting shift-
refresh in my browser to force a request with no cache headers sent.

	Erik

RE: query log

Posted by "Peter A. Kirk" <pk...@alpha-solutions.dk>.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, at the moment the queries are coming from a browser (internet explorer) - actually I'm testing with the little webapp that comes with the Solr download.

Where is the "HTTP 304" feature enabled and disabled? Or how can I at least ensure that my logger always gets the request, however Solr responds?

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Peter Kirk
Where are the queries coming from?  A browser?  I bet you've got the
HTTP 304 feature enabled and your client is sending etag/last-modified
headers, causing Solr to respond with a 304 response and short circuit.

	Erik

Re: query log

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: query log

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: query log

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DonDiego/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss