Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Yip Ng <yi...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/06 07:07:57 UTC

stress.multi fails

Hi

    I am running the stress.multi test with a recent *clean* trunk codeline
(10.2.0.5 alpha - 429032)  under the DerbyNetClient framework and it fails
approx 1 out of 5 times on my Windows XP x86 machine(using Sun JDK 1.4.2_09).
Has anyone experience this?

*** Start: stress jdk1.4.2_09 DerbyNetClient 2006-08-05 20:15:23 ***
Initialize for framework: DerbyNetClient
java -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -
Dderby.system.home=C:\work3\derby\trunk\jars\sane\DerbyNetClient\stress -
Djava.security.manager -
Djava.security.policy=C:\work3\derby\trunk\jars\sane\derby_tests.policy -
DderbyTesting.codejar=file:/C:/work3/derby/trunk/jars/sane/ -
DderbyTesting.codedir=C:\work3\derby\trunk\jars\sane -
DderbyTesting.serverhost=localhost -DderbyTesting.clienthost=localhost -
DderbyTesting.codeclasses=file://unused/
org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start
scriptiflename is: stress.multi
Attempt to shutdown framework: DerbyNetClient
7 del
< ...running last checks via final.sql
7 add
> ...timed out trying to kill all testers,
>    skipping last scripts (if any).  NOTE: the
>    likely cause of the problem killing testers is
>    probably not enough VM memory OR test cases that
>    run for very long periods of time (so testers do not
>    have a chance to notice stop() requests
Test Failed.
*** End:   stress jdk1.4.2_09 DerbyNetClient 2006-08-05 20:34:37 ***

Re: stress.multi fails

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
I second, whenever multi fails you need to look at derby.log.
Unfortunately there are a lot of "expected" exceptions in there -
like duplicate table name warnings and the such.  Usually it
is pretty obvious with a bad "last" error/stack trace in the
log.

If you can't figure it out, I can help if you post one of the
bad derby.log's.

Re: stress.multi fails

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.