Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de> on 2015/07/16 11:30:15 UTC

Failing Test

Hi,

I hit another failing test (that is new to me):

> Results :
> Failed tests:
> AccumulatorLiveITCase.testProgram:106->access$1100:68->checkFlinkAccumulators:189 null

> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 8.694 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.flink.test.accumulators.AccumulatorLiveITCase
> testProgram(org.apache.flink.test.accumulators.AccumulatorLiveITCase) Time elapsed: 8.021 sec <<< FAILURE!
> java.lang.AssertionError: null
> at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
> at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
> at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
> at org.apache.flink.test.accumulators.AccumulatorLiveITCase.checkFlinkAccumulators(AccumulatorLiveITCase.java:189)
> at org.apache.flink.test.accumulators.AccumulatorLiveITCase.access$1100(AccumulatorLiveITCase.java:68)

Please see: https://travis-ci.org/mjsax/flink/jobs/71179608

Does anyone know anything about it?

BTW: Even if this test is in flink-tests, the problem seems not to be
related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2032 because
accumulators are tested. There are not result files involved (as fas as
I can tell).

-Matthias

Re: Failing Test

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Thanks Matthias for overlooking the issue.

Thank you Till for the problem formulation and the suggested steps for
solving the synchronization problem. I will look into this as soon as
possible.

Cheers,
Max

Re: Failing Test