Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Sean Morris (semorris)" <se...@cisco.com> on 2016/03/29 16:45:55 UTC

kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand returns "unknown" for offset and lag

I am using 0.9.0.1 with the new consumer, why am I seeing "unknown" for the offset and lag for some of my topics?

/apps/kafka/bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand --group eoxRulesGroup --bootstrap-server localhost:9092 --new-consumer --describe

GROUP, TOPIC, PARTITION, CURRENT OFFSET, LOG END OFFSET, LAG, OWNER

eoxRulesGroup, eox, 0, unknown, 3, unknown, consumer-1_/X.X.X.192

eoxRulesGroup, eox, 1, unknown, 7, unknown, consumer-1_/X.X.X.191

Thanks,
Sean