Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <mc...@att.net> on 2019/12/02 16:20:44 UTC

Another Fortress release

Hello,

Somehow 2019 is almost past and yet we have not had a release of fortress yet.

There were a couple of things that have been in the hopper that I’ve been waiting on.  Upgrade to 2.0 ldap api and to a lesser extent, release of the new gui that Kiran worked on.

However that work has stalled somewhat, probably mostly due to my inattention, and yet some fixes and enhancements have also been applied and waiting to get out.

So, I propose we go ahead and have this 2.0.4 release, rolling up everything committed to trunk in ’19 and have another release, perhaps a 3.x candidate to include the other stuff early in ’20.

That way we continue to show activity in the project and buy a little time to apply the necessary changes, that are a bit more disruptive.

If there are no objections, I’ll probably start the release process next week.

Thanks,

—
Shawn

Re: Another Fortress release