Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/05 10:10:08 UTC

What about cleaning the branches ?

  Hi guys,

we have many branches we created in the past 3 years. Maybe it's time to
cleanup some of them ?

Here is the list of all the apacheds branches we have :

1.0/      2 years
1.0-with-dependencies/      3 years
ads-replication/            17 months
apacheds-1.5.6/            4 months
apacheds-1.5.7/            4 months
apacheds-cache-experiment/            11 days
apacheds-codec-merge/            12 hours
apacheds-dnfactory-experiment/            42 hours
apacheds-kerberos/            2 years
apacheds-noentryclone-experiment/            2 weeks
apacheds-replication/            14 months
apacheds-subtree-with-dependencies/            2 weeks
cache-experiment-with-dependencies/            13 days
cidit/            6 months
cidit-with-dependencies/            6 months
codec-merge-with-dependencies/            12 hours
dnfactory-experiment-with-dependencies/            6 days
ldif-partition/            12 months
ldif-partition-with-dependencies/            16 months
noentryclone-experiment-with-dependencies/            2 weeks
quartz-integration/            3 years
trunk-wd-kerberos/            2 years
trunk-with-dependencies-1.5.6/      5 months
trunk-with-dependencies-1.5.7/ 4 months

I'm quite sure that half of those branches are dead by now ...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: What about cleaning the branches ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
  On 8/5/10 1:31 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> +1 to removing the branches
>

> As a thought it might be nice to put a file in the branches directory
> listing the old branches that were removed at which revision so if need be
> their deletes can be reverted. Don't think this will be the case but it's
> always nice to do this because it's not trivial getting SVN to give u this
> info along with what the branch was created for.

Excellent idea

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1 to removing the branches

--