Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Christopher Wood <cw...@epo.org> on 2005/01/28 14:48:19 UTC

Jetspeed 2 - PSML fragment ids

If I change the portlet name of a fragment in a PSML file, the change
doesn't get picked up, even if I restart Tomcat/Jetspeed. The only way I
seem to get the change recognized is by using a new fragment id. Are the
fragment ids cached somewhere? How can I recycle them?

Chris

Re: Jetspeed 2 - PSML fragment ids

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
watler@wispertel.net wrote:
> Chris,
>
> This is a known issue with J2... they are cached in the DB. I do not
> remember which table, so you'll have to do some digging in your DB... it
> is obvious when you see the table names. IIRC, it is ok to clean out the
> table between J2 launches, but YMMV.

See the PORTLET_ENTITY table
Its a very simple mapping:

entity id -> APP_NAME + PORTLET_NAME

Yes, the entities can be cleaned out and they will be recreated
Perhaps we need to log the below situation as a bug.
If we were to catch the exception, delete the old entry in the portlet
entity table, and recreate the entity from the fragment definition, it
would fix this bug.

Patches welcome :)
> Randy
>

>>If I change the portlet name of a fragment in a PSML file, the change
>>doesn't get picked up, even if I restart Tomcat/Jetspeed. The only way I
>>seem to get the change recognized is by using a new fragment id. Are the
>>fragment ids cached somewhere? How can I recycle them?
>>
>>Chris

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com