Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Beelen, Marco" <ma...@merck.com> on 2007/03/07 15:35:43 UTC

[TOMAHAWK] inputSuggestAjax

Hello,

In my application I'm using the inputSuggestAjax-component from
Tomahawk.
There are two minor inconvienances with this component, which I would
like to address.
I'm not sure whether to report them here or to the DoJo-toolkit, but
since I'm coding using the tomahawk-component, I will start here.

On some form I have several h:selectOneMenu components aligned
underneath each other. Most of my selectboxes have just a few options,
but one has about 1700 and for that one I'm using the
inputSuggestAjax-component. That component is about half way through the
list of selectboxes.

As a user I can use TAB to switch from 1 input to another and use the
up- and down-arrow for selecting the proper option. This stops when I
reach the inputSuggestAjax-component, because after I made my selection
with the keys the focus does not get set to the next input-field in the
form. I have got to use the mousepointer to give focus to the next form
element.

The selected issue is about layout.
If I open the options for the inputSuggestAjax-component all options get
rendered in a layer on top of the selectboxes which are located
underneath it in the form. That's how I expect it should be have. Once I
made a selection, entered some other field and then want to change the
selection of the inputSuggestAjax-component, I will click on the
text-field.
Using the backspace I remove the last part of the text until the
component starts to suggest all alternatives, which start with the text
still remaining in the input-text-field. Those alternatives will
rendered in the background compared to the 'normal' selectboxes also
present in the form. This makes is quite hard to read the values of the
options and thus select the proper one.

IE 6.0 is the target-browser.

Does anybody recognise this behaviour and know how to get around these
issues?

With kind regards,
    Marco Beelen

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

Has anyone used G4JSF or GWT?

Posted by SO...@austin.rr.com.
Has anyone used G4JSF or GWT?  I have used Ajax4JSF extensively and want
to make my app even more rich and Web 2.0ish.  I have read Smirnov's
articles and agree with him that JSF is a good server-side solution for
navigation, etc.  G4JSF looks promising but wanted some feedback before
I invest time in it.  Are there other client-side UI frameworks using
AJAX features other than GWT?  Essentially, Web 2.0 like UI controls
that use Ajax4JSF rather than GWT?  Or am I missing something?

RE: [TOMAHAWK] inputSuggestAjax

Posted by "Beelen, Marco" <ma...@merck.com>.
I'm using the build of the sandbox of 07-02-2007.
I'll try with a more recent version of the sandbox soon, but were close to release of the application, so no major changes are wanted at this moment.

I'll head over to DoJo and report my issue with them.

Thanks for your time,
  Marco

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.