Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nigel Ramsay <ni...@db.com> on 2001/09/27 16:32:07 UTC

Contrib: a reliable SocketAppender

Hi

I have made a few mod's to the SocketAppender. You can now specify an additional optional parameter
called 'dumpFilename' which gets written to when a connection cannot be established to the
SocketServer.

For example:

    <appender name="SOCKSERV" class="com.db.gmr.core.log.SocketAppender">
        <param name="remoteHost" value="hostname.srv.uk.deuba.com"/>
        <param name="port" value="2002"/>
        <param name="reconnectionDelay" value="10000"/>
        <param name="locationInfo" value="false"/>
        <param name="dumpFilename" value="/export/home/ramsni/EDSRepos/EDSRuntime/logs/dumpFile.log"/>
    </appender>

(See attached file: SocketAppender.java)

I apologise for the fact that the package is a non-apache one.

Thanks

Nigel

--

Nigel Ramsay                                      nigel.ramsay@db.com
Enterprise Java Consultant                           +44 20 7545 1590