Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/10/14 09:26:35 UTC

atinject-api is available at maven-central

Hi!

Bob and Jason today pushed the tagged v1 of the atinject-api to mavens central repository.

I will again check the license, but think it was released under ASL2. So we could now theoretically drop our atinject-api module and use the one from central instead.

TODOs:
.) again check the license
.) adopt LICENSE and NOTICE files where needed
.) drop our the atinject-api module

anything else?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: atinject-api is available at maven-central

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
Look at http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/javax/enterprise/cdi-api/1.0-CR1/, it
is also ASL2 license but copyrighted by RedHat. So, we develop our own API
with Apache Foundation way with under control of the Apache. Same for the
atinject api.

Thanks;

--Gurkan

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 14, 2009, at 2:27 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> For what I know the reason why most of the other J2EE apis are not
> used by e.g. geronimo is mostly caused by license problems, isn't?
> Kevan, David?

When Geronimo started there were no non-(L)GPL Java EE specs, so we
made our own and distributed them to the world.  Eventually Sun
started publishing CDDL versions which are license compatible with the
ASF and we could use them.  But at this point we have a nice central
place to get them all which is really convenient.  Keeping them up to
date is usually pretty easy.

Even when things are in flux (or especially) it's pretty convenient to
be able to make the spec change and the impl change at the same time
rather than have one happen before the other and the build break.

Anyway, I know Geronimo will want a copy of the atinject api in it's
specs repo for the sake of completeness.  I've just been waiting for
things to close before doing that -- as it's really convenient to keep
them close to the impl while things are still changing.

-David

Re: atinject-api is available at maven-central

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Gurkan!

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi;