Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Nathan Codding <NC...@PureEdge.com> on 2002/07/29 20:03:38 UTC

(In plain text this time, sorry..) DOM Level 2 and 3 Events in Xerces-C++

Hi..

I work for PureEdge Solutions (http://www.PureEdge.com) as a developer. We do XML e-forms using our own language, XFDL, and we will be using the Xerces-C++ DOM implementation in the next major version of our products. In order to do so, I'm implementing the DOM Level 2 and Level 3 Events specifications in Xerces-C++. We would like to contribute this implementation to the Xerces project once it's complete. We're doing our best to follow the coding style and practices from the Xerces-C++ project, and we're also trying to minimize the impact this feature will have on those who do not use it.

We just wanted to make sure the maintainers of the project are aware of our intentions so you're not takes by surprise when we submit the patch for this feature, and to gauge interest in having DOM Events support in Xerces-C++. We would also like to participate in the candidate recommendation phase of the DOM Level 3 Events specification process, as they are currently in last call and are seeking anymore with experience implementing that specification.

Thanks,

-Nathan Codding

PureEdge Solutions, Inc
http://www.PureEdge.com