Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2006/03/15 23:22:14 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT][logging] Jakarta Commons Logging 1.1.0 Release Candidate 6 Available

release candidate 6 for the Jakarta Commons Logging 1.1.0 release is now
available from: http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-logging/. the
Jakarta Commons team believes that this release delivers major advances
in stability over the 1.0.x series of releases whilst retaining
backwards compatibility.

no major issues have been found in the last 5 candidates. it is believed
that release candidate 6 is ready for a full release. however, due to
the range of circumstances in which JCL finds itself deployed we would
like to request that users please download this candidate and test this
release in your environment and any problems reported back.

cheers

- robert

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT][logging] Jakarta Commons Logging 1.1.0 Release Candidate 6 Available

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 15:09 +0000, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On 3/15/06, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> > release candidate 6 for the Jakarta Commons Logging 1.1.0 release is now
> > available from: http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-logging/. the
> > Jakarta Commons team believes that this release delivers major advances
> > in stability over the 1.0.x series of releases whilst retaining
> > backwards compatibility.
> >
> > no major issues have been found in the last 5 candidates. it is believed
> > that release candidate 6 is ready for a full release. however, due to
> > the range of circumstances in which JCL finds itself deployed we would
> > like to request that users please download this candidate and test this
> > release in your environment and any problems reported back.
>
> None of the links on the "Commons" part of the menu work. I just
> posted about this in another thread - but seems to me that needs
> fixing.

yep

i don't like the way that the still build depends on something external:
it's best to have a build that can be accurately reproduced from source.
i see that you've now fixed up the DTD (thanks). i've regenerated and
reposted RC6: it seems churlish to cut a code-identical RC7.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 3/15/06, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> release candidate 6 for the Jakarta Commons Logging 1.1.0 release is now
> available from: http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-logging/. the
> Jakarta Commons team believes that this release delivers major advances
> in stability over the 1.0.x series of releases whilst retaining
> backwards compatibility.
>
> no major issues have been found in the last 5 candidates. it is believed
> that release candidate 6 is ready for a full release. however, due to
> the range of circumstances in which JCL finds itself deployed we would
> like to request that users please download this candidate and test this
> release in your environment and any problems reported back.

None of the links on the "Commons" part of the menu work. I just
posted about this in another thread - but seems to me that needs
fixing.

Niall