Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Tenzin Chhosphel <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 20:21:26 UTC

How to search for files to modify to fix a bug?

Hi all,
	I am just starting out to fix bugs. I spent some time around Bugzilla and now have a decent knowledge about how it works. And I understand  finding the right files to fix is big part of fixing a bug. It seems there's no set of rules on how to find the files of interest. But, I bet there's some logical way to look for those files that needed to be modified to fix a bug. Any ideas/suggestions/advices on how to do that is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tenzin

Re: How to search for files to modify to fix a bug?

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 25.02.2014 20:21, Tenzin Chhosphel wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I am just starting out to fix bugs. I spent some time around Bugzilla and now have a decent knowledge about how it works. And I understand  finding the right files to fix is big part of fixing a bug. It seems there's no set of rules on how to find the files of interest. But, I bet there's some logical way to look for those files that needed to be modified to fix a bug. Any ideas/suggestions/advices on how to do that is much appreciated.

It is hard to give a general answer to your question, but if you have a
concrete problem/bug that you would like to work on, then maybe we can
help you.

-Andre