Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christophe Thibault <ch...@planisware.com> on 2010/06/10 15:46:04 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_ldap issue on Apache 2.2.15 on AIX

Hi,

I built Apache 2.2.15 with LDAP support on a AIX system.

When I test a LDAP-protected location, I get this weird error in my
error_log file :

[Thu Jun 10 15:26:45 2010] [info] [client 172.16.4.212] [544822]
auth_ldap authenticate: user chris authentication failed; URI /testldap
[LDAP: ldap initialization failed][Unknown (private extension) error]

Does any one has pointer to find how to fix this (additional traces,
checks, etc.)?

thanks!

chris

Re: [users@httpd] mod_ldap issue on Apache 2.2.15 on AIX

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Christophe Thibault
<ch...@planisware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I built Apache 2.2.15 with LDAP support on a AIX system.
>
> When I test a LDAP-protected location, I get this weird error in my
> error_log file :
>
> [Thu Jun 10 15:26:45 2010] [info] [client 172.16.4.212] [544822] auth_ldap
> authenticate: user chris authentication failed; URI /testldap [LDAP: ldap
> initialization failed][Unknown (private extension) error]
>
> Does any one has pointer to find how to fix this (additional traces, checks,
> etc.)?

For an LDAP lib that doesn't have a real accessible logging, you can try this:

http://people.apache.org/~covener/ldap/

But if AIX LDAP is actually Tivoli Directory Server client libs, you
can just set LDAP_DEBUG=65535 in the native environment variable.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com