Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Jim <ji...@facility.supplies> on 2016/08/25 17:33:54 UTC

Sandbox Question - Set up more than 8 GIG RAM

Good afternoon,

I have a sandbox question.  I have three applications, that when run together currently take around 16 gig of ram.

On my laptop, I have 32 gig of ram, and have allocated 20 GIG to the virtual maching via virtual box.

However, when I look into the Hadoop console, I only see 8 GB ram available, which prevents some of my apps from starting.

What do I change, and where do I change it in the sandbox (version 3.4.0), to allow all the memory available to the virtual machine to be used for the datatorrent applications?

Thanks,

JIm

[cid:image001.png@01D1FECC.F006DC60]

RE: Sandbox Question - Set up more than 8 GIG RAM

Posted by Jim <ji...@facility.supplies>.
Hi, I figured out the answer to this problem outlined below, and for those who may be looking for this:

In the file /etc/hadoop/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml I had to change the property yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent from 0.1 to 0.5.

Changing this setting increases the fraction of the resources that is made available to be allocated to application masters, increasing the number of masters possible to run at once and hence increasing the number of possible concurrent applications.

Thanks,

Jim

RE: Sandbox Question - Set up more than 8 GIG RAM