Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu> on 2002/01/18 23:38:22 UTC

Re: apache 2.0.28 and mod_perl

"Bryan Henry" <br...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>are there issues with running mod_perl on Apache 2.0?
>I have not found any complaints or warnings in any documentation.

I wouldn't expect mod_perl 1.x to work with Apache 2.x.  The API is
completely (or pretty much so) different.

mod_perl 2.0 is being written for Apache 2.0 and should work in the
threaded environment that should be expected with Apache 2.x (even if
not built with it -- modules for Apache 2.x might run with threading
enabled depending on the platform and so should be written to expect
it).

However, mod_perl 2.0 and Apache 2.0 are still pretty much
development code and shouldn't be expected to be as robust in
production as Apache 1.3.x and mod_perl 1.26.

Anyone can feel free to correct me on any of this :)
--
James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix