Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Emin Aksehirli <em...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/08 11:27:27 UTC

Mahout Java 6 or 7

Hello,

I have a quick question: Does Mahout include Java 7 code or do you keep
the compliance to Java 6?

I am preparing a patch and I want to use some Java 7 features.

Cheers,
--
Emin Aksehirli

Re: Mahout Java 6 or 7

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.
It's java 6

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Mahout Java 6 or 7

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I don't think this is the reason. Its that the resulting byte code does not
work on Java 6. Java 6 is still fairly widely used for better or worse or
at least the default so it's probably still not worth creating
incompatibility for this.

Re: Mahout Java 6 or 7

Posted by Emin Aksehirli <em...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ted,