Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Noelia Osés Fernández <no...@vicomtech.org> on 2017/10/23 14:33:43 UTC

PIO 0.12.0 on cloud server: ImportError: No module named predictionio

Hi all,

I have made a clean installation of Prediction IO 0.12.0 on a cloud server
following all the installation defaults. The installation seemed to go well
and pio status reported no errors. However, when I ran the UR's handmade's
integration test I got the following error message:

Checking status, should exit if pio is not running.
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting PredictionIO...
[INFO] [Management$] PredictionIO 0.12.0-incubating is installed at
/home/ubuntu/PredictionIO/apache-predictionio-0.12.0-incubating/PredictionIO-0.12.0-incubating
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting Apache Spark...
[INFO] [Management$] Apache Spark is installed at
/home/ubuntu/PredictionIO/apache-predictionio-0.12.0-incubating/PredictionIO-0.12.0-incubating/vendors/spark-2.1.1-bin-hadoop2.6
[INFO] [Management$] Apache Spark 2.1.1 detected (meets minimum requirement
of 1.3.0)
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting storage backend connections...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Meta Data Backend (Source: ELASTICSEARCH)...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Model Data Backend (Source: LOCALFS)...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Event Data Backend (Source: HBASE)...
[INFO] [Storage$] Test writing to Event Store (App Id 0)...
[INFO] [HBLEvents] The table pio_event:events_0 doesn't exist yet. Creating
now...
[INFO] [HBLEvents] Removing table pio_event:events_0...
[INFO] [Management$] Your system is all ready to go.
[ERROR] [App$] App handmade already exists. Aborting.

Checking to see if handmade app exists, should exit if not.
[INFO] [Pio$]     App Name: handmade
[INFO] [Pio$]       App ID: 1
[INFO] [Pio$]  Description:
[INFO] [Pio$]   Access Key:
HLc0UgUVbRsxRjwhXuT1s_TFfdtU7JE66_J7Ro0a31BtJo4Guf-HbYhwDTZMPbKv | (all)

Moving engine.json to user-engine.json if it exists

Moving examples/handmade-engine.json to engine.json for integration test.

Deleting handmade app data since the test is date dependent
[INFO] [Pio$] Data of the following app (default channel only) will be
deleted. Are you sure?
[INFO] [Pio$]     App Name: handmade
[INFO] [Pio$]       App ID: 1
[INFO] [Pio$]  Description: None
[INFO] [HBLEvents] Removing table pio_event:events_1...
[INFO] [App$] Removed Event Store for the app ID: 1
[INFO] [HBLEvents] The table pio_event:events_1 doesn't exist yet. Creating
now...
[INFO] [App$] Initialized Event Store for the app ID: 1

Importing data for integration test
Access key: HLc0XgUWbRsxRjwhYuT1s_TDfdtU7AE66_J7Ro0a31BtJo4Guf-HbYhwDTZMPbKv

*Traceback (most recent call last):  File "examples/import_handmade.py",
line 5, in <module>    import predictionioImportError: No module named
predictionio*

As the github repo doesn't mention that UR has been upgraded to work with
PIO 0.12.0, I have also tried with the E-Commerce Recommendation Template (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio-template-ecom-recommender)
which explicitly mentions it has been upgraded to keep up with PIO 0.12.0.
However, I have run into the same error message when importing the data
using python.

I would very much appreciate any pointers that help me solve this problem.

Thank you!
noelia

Re: PIO 0.12.0 on cloud server: ImportError: No module named predictionio

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
Also you won’t be able to use the UR test data with the Apache ECom template. They are fundamentally different and the UR is currently being ported to PIO 0.12.0 ready for testing this week.

As the github repo doesn't mention that UR has been upgraded to work with PIO 0.12.0, I have also tried with the E-Commerce Recommendation Template (https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio-template-ecom-recommender <https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio-template-ecom-recommender>) which explicitly mentions it has been upgraded to keep up with PIO 0.12.0. However, I have run into the same error message when importing the data using python.

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
Ok, you said, "the UR's handmade's integration test I got the following error message” so naturally assumed,

On Oct 24, 2017, at 12:36 AM, Noelia Osés Fernández <no...@vicomtech.org> wrote:

Hi Donald and Pat,

I'm following the installation instructions at http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/install/install-sourcecode/ <http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/install/install-sourcecode/> Thank you for your help!

Pat, I believe import_eventserver.py randomly generates the data for the E-Commerce Recommendation Template, so I'm not using the UR test data with it. Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to the UR release.

Best regards,
Noelia

On 23 October 2017 at 17:28, Donald Szeto <donald@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
Hi Noelia,

Looks like the instructions you are following is missing the step to install the `predictionio` Python client. If you can point us to the material you are following we can fix it.

For now please do `pip install predictionio`.

Regards,
Donald

--
 <http://www.vicomtech.org/>

Noelia Osés Fernández, PhD
Senior Researcher |
Investigadora Senior

noses@vicomtech.org <ma...@vicomtech.org>
+[34] 943 30 92 30
Data Intelligence for Energy and
Industrial Processes | Inteligencia
de Datos para Energía y Procesos
Industriales

 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/vicomtech>  <https://www.youtube.com/user/VICOMTech>  <ht...@Vicomtech_IK4>

member of:  <http://www.graphicsmedia.net/>     <http://www.ik4.es/>

Legal Notice - Privacy policy <http://www.vicomtech.org/en/proteccion-datos>

Re: PIO 0.12.0 on cloud server: ImportError: No module named predictionio

Posted by Noelia Osés Fernández <no...@vicomtech.org>.
Hi Donald and Pat,

--
<http://www.vicomtech.org>