Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Weekend <we...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2009/06/06 12:20:04 UTC

Durable topic/message not persist after restarting activemq

Hi all,

I'm new to jms and am looking for which mq to use. ActiveMQ is the first I
am evaluating.

I am learning durable topic /subscription.
I have created a durable subscription (i think), because even I quit my
consumer program (java):
1) http://localhost:8161/admin/topics.jsp still shows there is a consumer
under "number of consumers" column
2) When I reconnect with the consumer program, I got those msg sent when I
quit the consumer program.

However, after I restart activemq, all the durable topics/ messages not sent
to consumers, disappear.
Is there any way to resume to the state before activemq is restarted?

Another question about durable subscription, from the java tutorial, i found
"A durable subscription can have only one active subscriber at a time."
Does it mean we can not have multiple subscribers on a durable topic? or
only one is 'active'? what does active mean here?
I have tried to create two durable subscriptions (by running the same
consumer program (create connection, session, durableconsumer) in two
terminals), with the same ClientId and topic but different SubscriberName.
However, when producing a message to the topic, it seems both of them
receive the msg at the same time.

Many thanks for your help.